Wednesday 12 March 2014

Review: Toheart - The 1st Mini Album


Release Date: 10-03-14
Language: Korean
Song Count: 6

When SM Ent. announced the debut of its' first cross-group subunit, no-one was more excited or surprised than I. Hailing from top Kpop idol groups INFINITE and SHINee respectively, Woohyun and Key form Toheart, a heartbreakingly cool duo.

Toheart's first mini album certainly doesn't disappoint. My personal highlights are 'Tell Me Why', a subdued ballad with a cool drum beat in the background featuring Woohyun's frankly perfect vocals, and 'You're My Lady' which is the ultimate driving playlist addition.

Of course I couldn't write a review without including the title track - 'Delicious'. If I'd been handed the EP pre-release, I'd be able to pinpoint this as SM's title track for sure. 'Delicious' is the ultimate medley fusion of INFINITE and SHINee and it packs all of Woohyun and Key's personality and talent in. I really like the track but have a favouring for the ballads at the moment.

I'll leave you with the mini album's accompanying extended MV for 'Delicious'. You're welcome.

No comments: