Saturday 2 August 2008

Top Drama Recommendations

I wanted to make a list of my recommended dramas for people who have no idea what to watch next or who have just discovered Asian dramas. I used to search for hours and hours (slight exaggeration) for a good drama to watch, only to get bored after 10 minutes of watching it, so here's a guide to help you avoid that!

Korean Dramas:
  1. Goong (Princess Hours) - Yoon Eun Hye is in it... need I say more? S'all good :)
  2. Coffee Prince - Again, I loved the cast. YEH is the female lead, plus a really hot guy that I always forget the name of...
  3. My Girl - LEE DONG WOOK - yupp 'nuff said. Cute story + I loved the girl in it (Lee Da Hae).
  4. Full House - Bi Rain and Song Hye Gyo... really funny although could be more romantic.
  5. Autumn Tale - One of the older ones and it's completely different to the rest. If you like crying your eyes out then this one's for you.
J-Dorama:
  1. Hana Yori Dango 1+2 - I cannot recommend this enough. JUST GO WATCH IT OK?!
  2. A Litre of Tears - I actually did cry a litre of tears. not so much a romance drama but it got me so .. ;]
  3. Nodame Cantabile - "gyaboooo" o___0 no i am not psycho.. you'll get it when you watch the drama
  4. Hotaru no Hikari - stars Ayase Haruka
  5. Gokusen 1-3 - It's not exactly a "must watch" but watching a comic drama about a school of boys doesn't hurt a bit.
Taiwanese Drama:
  1. Meteor Garden - the drama that started it all... watch it if you haven't (Barbie + Zaizai).
  2. Mars - the drama after the drama that started it all ;P hahah same leads.
  3. Devil Beside You - Mike He and Kingone anyone? Dont forget Rainie Yang too :)
  4. Why Why love - the trio again but completely different story. I prefered this one though.
  5. It Started With A Kiss - Cuteee girl-loves-guy-who-doesn't-care-but-then-falls-for-thegirl-but-doesn't- admit-it-till-the-end story.
These are my top recommendations... I've only inculded the ones I consider are "must watch" and 7/10 chances, people who look at this will probably have seen them because these are literally the most popular series.

PS. I know posts have been so irregular for the past month or so... I've just been on holiday so i haven't updated the blog for ageess (thanks Michelle for keeping it up though ^^ ). Things are starting to fall back into place though and I will be posting more soon :)

Contributor: Dulce

2 comments:

sliv said...

I agree with your recommendations for taiwanese drama, and corean (I don't watch japanese) and I think the name you're searching for is Gong Yoo !

LUCY said...

it started with a kiss is my all time favourtie everrr :)