Wednesday 18 June 2008

Review: My Girl (Pinoy)

Photobucket
My Girl is an adaptation of the hit Korean drama series of the same title. The original series was aired by ABS-CBN in 2006. This is the first adaptation of a Korean drama series (also called Koreanovela in the Philippines) for Philippine TV.

I was really iffy on this because i couldn't decide whether to watch it or not. The korean version of MY GIRL was and is definately one of my favourites and i was scared that this version would ruin it for me :\ and i've never really been a fan of the "Kimerald" (Kim and Gerald) pairing but i watched the pilot episode out of curiousity.

I heard from a couple of people (namely the co-writer of this blog) that "Kimerald" was a bit too "pa sweet" to the point of being cheesy so i expected cheeeesee when i watched the first epi but it wasn't the case at all!

Yeah.. sure. Some scenes were over-the-top but none, so far, have made me chuck my slippers at the screen! Kim Chui's acting definately surprised me because.. well.. she's actually really funny in this series! Not cringey at all, as i expected. Gerald Anderson wasn't too bad but he could still improve. I think he looks a bit young for the part.. so does Kim actually but you get over it soon enough.

I dont think its any way better than the korean version but it is really growing on me to the point that i actually wait for it to be posted online!

Contributor: Dulce

No comments: